Strawberry Burst Ingredients
• 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1/4 cup water
• 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium pot, bring all three ingredients to a boil.
- Continue boiling until strawberries have cooked down into an almost jam-like consistency.
- Cool completely before using for ice cream.
Ice Cream Ingredients
• 1 1/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
• 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
• strawberry burst mixture
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream on medium-high speed until it forms medium-stiff peaks.
- With a spatula, gently fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream until well incorporated.
- Pour half the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Drizzle dollops of the strawberry burst mixture over the cream, reserving half of it for topping. Pour in the remaining cream mixture and repeat the strawberry dollops. Swirl a knife or chopstick through the mixture to distribute the compote throughout (it also makes it look pretty).
- Freeze for 6 hours then scoop, serve and enjoy!